Friday, February 13, 2009

A River Runs Through It...

Ugg - not feeling very sporting today. I've been fighting off a cold this week and am just a bit run down. It was my day to go running, but I decided to listen to my body and take it easy. I went for a brisk walk at lunch time - very sunny and cool today - perfect weather for being outside.

We have a big driving trip planned next week, so I need to be rested and ready.

I am wanting to keep hammering down the weight, so I feel like I should push harder. I sometimes hear two voices in my head, the one of reason (a plump, easily distracted but comfy voice) and the one of the goal seeking zealot (an energetic, hearty, but sometimes foolish voice) I listened to the zealot and went 'Biking in the Rain' - one point for consistency, minus one for overall health. Today was the reasonable voice's turn.

What voices do you hear? Which ones do you listen to?

5 comments:

  1. They both look a little strange (but interesting) to me.

    In the mornings I have a voice that says get up and go (but not if it's dark) and I try to listen to that one. However. . . by afternoon the voice that says eat chocolate and sleep will win out if I let it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Jack Black and the Karate teacher from Napoleon Dynamite (the one with the muscle bound wife). Very funny pix with the voice-overs. Keep on track man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should worry if you stop hearing voices. I need the angel and devil on my shoulder to motivate me to get up and do what I know I need to do .

    I think drive your car on rainy days is ok. It is not like you live in Seatle. I think you will still be able to get some kind of workout in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I here the voice that is only pumped an excited when it's not time to exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent comments readers! Greybear gets extra points for correctly identifying the voices.
    (Jack Black as Nacho Libre and
    Diedrich Bader as Rex, inventor of Rex Kwon-Do)

    ReplyDelete