Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pretty good week, don't ya think?

Well, it has been a good week of biking and running. I am getting the hang of the bike and feeling better each day. I have been very diligent in recording everything I eat and all the exercise in a handy on-line food journal - (Fat secret) It's free, easy and auto-magically lists all the nutrition for the foods you eat. It also keeps lets you weigh in and provides a nifty weight tracking gadget that you can embed in your blog or website.

Now comes the hard part. I have been down to this weight before and slacked off. I need to stay motivated and dedicated to break through below the 170 lb barrier.


A long-long time ago I used to be a skinny dude ~140 lbs. This is me on my mission ~1983.

2 comments:

  1. Do you really like how you look at 140? Really. Hmm.

    There is always room for improvement, but please don't try to get to that 140 weight.

    Love fat secret. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think somewhere around 160lbs would be about right. For a my height, the 'healthy' range for the Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 18 to 25. 160lbs puts me at 24.3. Right now it is 26.6 (overweight)

    Glad you like fat secret - I like it because it's really easy and fast.

    More info on BMI:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmi-related-disease.php

    ReplyDelete