Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're having fun now!


Don't you just love the Arizona weather? What a great day for a ride. It was cold this morning but once you get your feet pumping you really feel alive. I got my best time yet on my route to work.

I needed to get a better windbreaker since everything I have is dark. As faithful readers know, I'm very big into visibility and not getting hit by cars, so I looked at Dick's Sporting goods figuring they would have a lightweight jacket with some reflective strips sewn in. No luck. They did have some "Live Strong" jackets, but no reflectivity - plus I'm not a big fan of Lance Armstrong... I ended up getting a decent jacket at Walmart (yes, Walmart) for $15. I also got one of those yellow reflective vests. Not exactly fashionable, but extremely visible.

6 comments:

  1. So why you hatin' on Lance?

    The weather is great, No need to wonder why we live in Phoenix this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, he's a dog. Granted a dog that can ride a bike better than anyone in the world but a dog none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you like to be visible. I need to get to that point. I would rather be - fashionable. Maybe someday I will grow up!

    Love that you shop at Wally World.

    And you are right, perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I am going to have to bring my bike over so that we can fix it. Also so that my Father-in-law ain't showin' me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be great Jared - I do love working on bikes! They are very simple and I can usually get'r done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are into fashionable biking - check this blog out -
    http://ridingpretty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete