Monday, January 26, 2009

Yo, Adrian!


You know that part in Rocky where he just starts training and is sucking wind? Well that's sort of how I felt today. Sure the new bike is great, but for some reason, I thought it would pedal itself or maybe feel like I was going down hill all the time. I guess not.

I worked late and rode home in the dark. I'm glad I had my lights, they work great.

Ryan and I are thinking of starting a neighborhood bike club. What do you think - is anyone interested?

Well, I gotta go and get some raw eggs - Check that - my cholesterol is too high, maybe eggbeaters? I know, somehow it's not quite the same...

2 comments:

  1. Bike club sounds awesome. I will sign up JT with you.

    I have been riding my bike with Seth during the around my house and the powerlines. Hmm? How safe is that?

    Seth and his friend Tom want to form the 5 year old bike club. I'll take the youngers, you take the olders.

    HEY! I just thought about this. Is Ryan really riding with you? I thought you said you like to be visible. Does that imply over all safety? Here is the question - Is Ryan where a helmet yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bike club would be fun. Ryan is fairly interested, especially if he can get a light for his bike. He does wear a helmet (sometimes)

    I'm thinking we would learn about safety, learn how to use the bike paths and be good citizens of he road, but mostly have fun riding around on our bikes. The club would be open to anyone with a bike who likes to ride. We would plan trips of different distances that would appeal to different groups of people. I think it would be fun for the scout age people to work on the cycling merit badge.

    I have a blinky light that works great for visibility. The vest and other stuff is extra for when I ride to work in the dark (about 12 miles) That's a lot of exposure to cars so I need all the help I can get for them to see me.

    ReplyDelete